Compassionate Hospice Doctors in Los Angeles
Our hospice physicians are specialists in end-of-life and palliative care. From improving your loved one’s comfort, reducing their suffering, our doctors are focused on doing all they can to enhance your loved one’s quality of life as much as possible.
Our Hospice doctors can visit your loved one in their home in Los Angeles and the surrounding areas including Pacific Palisades, Beverly Hills, Malibu, and Santa Monica.
Get started with our experienced and compassionate hospice team today by calling Luxe Hospice at (310)459-2040.
What is a Hospice Doctor?
A hospice doctor is a physician with specialist training in the needs of hospice and palliative care patients. They assess and identify patient’s needs for end-of-life care, maximizing their comfort and wellbeing to enhance quality of life.
What Does a Hospice Physician Do?
Hospice Doctors have a wide range of duties. Some of these responsibilities include:
- Identifying when a patient is ready for Hospice and approving them for admission
- Managing patient’s symptoms and pain
- Overseeing patients’ hospice care teams and working closely with nurses to make sure that treatment plans are understood and correctly followed
- Meeting with patients often and adjusting medication/care as needed
- Providing medical advice and consultation to hospice team members including advice on the most up-to-date treatments
- Providing comfort and guidance to patients and families.
- Delivering direct medical care to hospice patients
- Monitoring and re-evaluating care needs.
- Communicating with patients’ personal physicians as needed.
- Recertifying patients so they can continue receiving hospice care.
When is Hospice Care Usually Ordered by a Doctor?
When is Hospice Needed? Hospice care is usually requested by a doctor when the patients is:
- Experiencing multiple hospitalizations.
- The person’s usual level of functioning has begun to decline.
- Reduced desire to eat/significant weight loss
- Uncontrollable pain, shortness of breath, vomiting, and nausea
- Cognitive function decline/mental confusion
- Having regular falls
- The decision has been made to focus on the quality of life, rather than aggressive treatments.
Physician Assistants in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Hospice Physician Assistants work closely with senior physicians. They have many duties, some of which they take over from the Doctor such as explaining the diagnosis, monitoring and documenting symptoms, providing counseling to family members, and participating in patient and family meetings to discuss care goals.
Medicare and Hospice Physicians
We are a Medicare-approved Hospice provider and can help you manage your medicare claim. If you’re unsure about whether you qualify, find out more about Medicare eligibility or contact one of our team.
Board-Certified Hospice Doctors in Southern California
Our hospice doctors are available 24/7 to support you and your loved one. Luxe Home Care Physicians offer expert hospice care for your loved at home. We are a state-licensed home care agency with three decades of experience in offering home care in Los Angeles, Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, and surrounding areas.
Get your important questions answered today by calling Luxe Hospice at (310)459-2040.